This smoothie is creamy, dreamy and really delicious. You will forget that it is actually healthy for you. It is meant for those nights that you get home late from work when all the shops are close or when you just need a comforting nightcap after a crazy day. This rich, decadent smoothie is also super easy and quick to make and consists of ingredients you can easily find in your pantry.
The banana and cocoa powder in this dark chocolate smoothie contain serotonin and serve as muscle and nerve relaxants. The small amount of oats help to add bulk to the smoothie and act as a natural insulin, raising your blood sugar level ever so slightly for a sound night’s sleep.
But since this blog is about BREAKFAST and salads, you can definitely enjoy this on those slow weekend mornings when the world and your emails can take a backseat.
Well… you can always go back to sleep after breakfast. No rules against that, right? (*wink*)
Recipe: Dreamy Dark Cocoa Smoothie
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon of hot water
- 1 frozen Banana
- 1/2 cup soymilk
- 1 teaspoon of steel cut oats
- In a small bowl, dissolve cocoa powder into hot water. Whisk with a fork till you get a smooth mixture.
- Using a high-powered blender, pour the cocoa mixture and the remaining ingredients and blend till smooth and creamy.
Thank you for reading!